Tuesday 11 June 2013

A little preparation never hurt nobody

Last night, I did a short performance with Ahmad for Warwick's TESL "Bring A Dish" Party, and it got me looking back on all my previous performances. Every performance that I've done so far, I've always done something wrong, whether it's with my singing, forgetting the lyrics, or being too nervous to interact with the audience. But I'm actually quite surprised at myself and how much I've achieved. I've gained so much and my confidence has boosted massive amounts. Don't get me wrong, I still get nervous and tend to feel like I'm not good enough at times, but every performance, and every new song written, is an achievement unlocked in my book. And the thing is, I don't feel like stopping. I want to keep going. I feel like God has given me a talent and I don't want to let that go to waste. I finally found something I'm good at.

But one thing that many people fail to understand is that life is about balance. Just because you're good at one thing, it doesn't mean you should put everything into that. This is actually a reminder to myself that I need to try and put a little bit of passion and effort into different things, and keep my options open. Because in life, you'll come across a corridor full of doors and when the time comes for you to choose a door, you want to make sure you have a number of them unlocked before you decide which one you want/need to open. You never know what God will give you in this life. We can plan, but we will never know. So prepare because surely, Allah is the best of planners.

No comments:

Post a Comment